DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity
In the past year (1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015) DEED trained 306 Headteachers, Governors and Teachers and ran workshops with 580 pupils
It will help to develop the pupils’ speaking and listening skills, questioning skills and critical thinking
Teacher from Merley First School attended Philosophy for Children Course April 2015
What’s new ….
- Come and hear the unique and inspirational speaker and life coach Chris Lubbe at West Moors Middle School.
- Our latest Spring News 2016 is now available with details of exciting new hands on resources and new opportunities for teaching and training support.
- Ofsted recognises Global Learning in its latest Inspection guidelines to schools
- Fairtrade Fortnight 2016 will be from 29 February to 13 March 2016.
- DEED has an exciting new Brazil Collection ’Not just carnival and football’ for schools to borrow.
Here is a flavour of some opportunities available for you and a printable summary of our training and resources:
- Philosophy for Children Course (P4C) The next course will be 20 and 27 April 2016. Some interesting recent positive publicity regarding P4C in schools, a published Sapere research brochure and the Education Endowment Foundation full report.
- Quality or Quantity? Measuring teachers’ impact on pupil attitudes and actions towards Global Citizenship. FREE training offered to schools as either a twilight or half-day inset.
- Curriculum Planning Inset available in school at a time to suit.
- DEED and the Global Learning Programme (GLP). FREE Courses available to GLP registered schools.
The questioning skills and listening skills of the children will be improved. My own teaching is hopefully going to be more ‘guide on the side’ and less ‘sage on the stage’
Teacher from Semley Primary School attended Philosophy for Children Course November 2015