What’s new at DEED….
We are now closed for the Christmas and New Year holiday. We will reopen on Tuesday 6 January 2015 at 9.30am.
We would like to wish all our customers and partners a peaceful and restful holiday and we look forward to working with you on exciting projects in 2015.
- DEED would like to say a big thank you to Kim Lam of Celebration Crackers Ltd who kindly donated beautiful paper for recycling which we have shared with the teachers and PTFA of Wimborne First School, Montacute Special School and Winterslow School.
- If you are exploring the impact of the Ebola Crisis on West Africa you may like to take a look at the Oxfam and the Actionaid websites for up to date resources and facts and figures.
- Global Teacher Award training which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available in the spring term on Tuesday 10 March 2015.
- The very popular Philosophy for Children (P4C) two day course which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available on 11 and 25 February 2015 in West Moors Middle School, Heathfield Way, Ferndown, BH22 0DA.
- Curriculum Planning Inset which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available at a time to suit your school.
- New! Think Global have produced two new documents providing information and ideas for exploring global learning in the new primary curriculum and the new secondary curriculum
- Exciting news! The GLP has now entered the second phase of the programme and has in total 2245 schools registered and engaged across England to date. DEED’s Louise and Sarah are Local Advisors for Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire and have 14 Expert Centres in total so far working hard to deliver great global learning with their partner schools. We are seeking more schools to become involved either as Expert Centres or Partner Schools, if you are interested please visit the GLP website www.globaldimension.org.uk/glp or contact firstname.lastname@example.org visit the DEED GLP web page.
‘DEED has made a real difference to the personal development of our children. The work of the organisation was picked up by the OFSTED team in our inspection and helped secure our Grade 1 in this aspect!’ – St Gregory’s CE VA Primary School, Dorset