What’s new at DEED….
The centre is closed for half term and will reopen on Monday 3 November. Contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October is Black History Month. Our exhibitions Dorset’s Hidden Histories and 1944 We Were Here look very grand displayed in a school hall or entrance and provide a great background for exploring local black history.
- The full ‘GI Joe in Dorset’ production is available to view on YouTube now. This Theatre in Education production links to our We Were Here Exhibition. If you are interested in this performance then contact stateofplayarts.co.uk directly.
- All are invited to attend the DEED AGM is being held on Wednesday 12 November 2014 at West Moors Middle School from 6.30pm to 7.30pm with an opportunity to attend a free Taster Workshop on Holocaust and Human Behaviour by Facing History and Ourselves at DEED on Wednesday 12 November from 4pm to 6pm.
- Global Teacher Award training which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available in the spring term on Tuesday 10 March 2015.
- A local group of RESULTS an anti global poverty group is having an Autumn Supper on Saturday 8 November from 7.00pm to 9.30pm with guest speaker Annette Brooke MP.
- CODEC the Consortium of Global Education Centres is running a Conference Good Learning is Good Education on 20 November 2014 in Birmingham with Guest Speakers and varied choice of Workshops to attend. Spaces still available.
- The very popular Philosophy for Children (P4C) two day course which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available on 11 and 25 February 2015 in West Moors Middle School, Heathfield Way, Ferndown, BH22 0DA.
- Curriculum Planning Inset which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available at a time to suit your school.
- New! Think Global have produced two new documents providing information and ideas for exploring global learning in the new primary curriculum and the new secondary curriculum
- Exciting news! The GLP has now entered the second phase of the programme and has in total 2245 schools registered and engaged across England to date. DEED’s Louise and Sarah are Local Advisors for Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire and have 14 Expert Centres in total so far working hard to deliver great global learning with their partner schools. We are seeking more schools to become involved either as Expert Centres or Partner Schools, if you are interested please visit the GLP website www.globaldimension.org.uk/glp or contact email@example.com visit the DEED GLP web page.
‘DEED has made a real difference to the personal development of our children. The work of the organisation was picked up by the OFSTED team in our inspection and helped secure our Grade 1 in this aspect!’ – St Gregory’s CE VA Primary School, Dorset