DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity.
In the past year (1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015) DEED trained 306 Headteachers, Governors and Teachers and ran workshops with 580 pupils
Really good session, covered a lot in a short time. Gave plenty to reflect on ethos/policy/display. Thank you for a great session and the refreshments!
Exploring British Values participant April 2016
What’s new …
CPD Courses and Conferences and Exhibitions:
- New CPD Training with DEED Newsletter 2016
- New Dorset School P4c Network event with SAPERE and DEED at Beechcroft St Paul’s Primary School, Weymouth on Wednesday 8 June from 12.30-3.30pm
- Exploring British Values Inset is available on 7 June 2016, 18 October 2016 or 24 January 2017
- Chris Lubbe – Inspirational Speaker and Life Coach sharing his life journey and twilight inset on 11 July 2016
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) 2-Day Courses available on 29 June & 6 July 2016, 13 October & 3 November 2016, 2 February & 9 February 2017, 27 April & 4 May 2017
- Quality or Quantity? Measuring teachers’ impact on pupil attitudes and actions towards Global Citizenship. FREE training offered to schools
- Curriculum Planning Inset available in school at a time to suit
Resources, Articles and useful links:
- Free guidance to help teaching about the EU referendum
- BBC reports Global Citizenship rising
- Schools delighted with new World of East Dorset exhibition and book
- Report by Lord Jim Knight on how Creative teaching is beating the tyranny of marking at Southill Primary School in Weymouth with the help of DEED and the GLP
- Ofsted recognises Global Learning in its latest Inspection
- DEED has an exciting new Brazil Collection ’Not just carnival and football’
- DEED and the Global Learning Programme (GLP). FREE Courses available to GLP registered schools
knowledgeable, good sense of humour, able to galvanize after lunch! Fantastic facilitator, approachable and honest
Teacher from St Luke’s Primary School, Bournemouth attended Philosophy for Children Course April 2016