DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity.
In the past year (1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016) DEED staff trained 777 teachers, worked in 226 schools and worked with 2,277 pupils across Dorset and Hampshire
Really good session, covered a lot in a short time. Gave plenty to reflect on ethos/policy/display. Thank you for a great session and the refreshments!
Exploring British Values participant April 2016
What’s new …
DEED AGM Invitation – Free P4C taster session followed by AGM Tuesday 17 January 2017
CPD Courses and Conferences and Exhibitions:
- British Values: Whose Values? Conference on Thursday 1 December 2016 in Birmingham. This is an opportunity to explore issues around identity and community, as well as exploring what values mean and where they come from. GLP e-credits can be used.
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) Courses available on 21 November & 28 November 2016, 2 February & 9 February 2017, 10 February & 14 and 28 March 2017, 27 April & 4 May 2017
- Exploring British Values Inset is available 24 January 2017 or 6 June 2017
- How do we know it’s working? Measuring teachers’ impact on pupil attitudes and actions towards Global Citizenship
- Whole School Global Learning in school half or whole day training
- Introduction to Global Learning in school twilight inset
- Primary Curriculum Planning inset available in school at a time to suit
- Rights respecting education CPD available in Hampshire
Resources, Articles and useful links:
- Final opportunity for your school to get £3,375+ of funding
- Schools who are promoting global awareness and fairness may like to consider some of these organisations when planning for Christmas; Rotary Shoebox Scheme, Good Gifts, Traidcraft, Ethical Superstore, Shared Earth, Ethical Shop. Shop online and help save your high street with hive. Alternative presents from Practical Presents, Oxfam Unwrapped, Good Gifts.
- Interesting TES article on P4C, how it works and how a teacher had an innovative approach to solving low levels of engagement in the classroom
- Report by Lord Jim Knight on how Creative teaching is beating the tyranny of marking at Southill Primary School in Weymouth with the help of DEED and the GLP
- DEED and the Global Learning Programme (GLP). FREE Courses available to GLP registered schools
knowledgeable, good sense of humour, able to galvanize after lunch! Fantastic facilitator, approachable and honest
Teacher from St Luke’s Primary School, Bournemouth attended Philosophy for Children Course April 2016