DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity.
We wish you all a peaceful and restful festive holiday and look forward to working with many of you in 2018.
In the past year (1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016) DEED staff trained 777 teachers, worked in 226 schools and worked with 2,277 pupils across Dorset and Hampshire
Really good session, covered a lot in a short time. Gave plenty to reflect on ethos/policy/display. Thank you for a great session and the refreshments!
Exploring British Values participant April 2016
What’s new …
CPD Courses and Conferences and Exhibitions:
- DEED’s CPD in-school/whole-school training and Twilight Insets in-school training options. These courses are available to all schools and GLP registered schools can use their e-credits. Courses need to be booked by 29 March 2018. Extra e-credits may be available.
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) Level 1 Next 2 day course available on 28 February and 7 March 2018
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) Level 2A Next 2 day course available 23 and 25 April 2018
- Exploring British Values Inset is available on 23 January 2018
- Whole School Global Learning in school half or whole day training
- Introduction to Global Learning in school twilight inset
- Primary Curriculum Planning inset available in school at a time to suit
- Rights respecting education CPD available in Hampshire
Resources, Articles and useful links:
- Positive Stories a unique project that DEED was involved in recently giving the opportunity for Dorset’s Gypsies and Travellers to tell their stories
- Interesting Radio 4 programme with Mariella Frostrup on Critical Thinking for children including the importance of P4C
- This is your last chance to register your school with the Global Learning Programme (GLP) and access £500 of CPD funding
- Interesting TES article on P4C, how it works and how a teacher had an innovative approach to solving low levels of engagement in the classroom.
- Report by Lord Jim Knight on how Creative teaching is beating the tyranny of marking at Southill Primary School in Weymouth with the help of DEED and the GLP.
knowledgeable, good sense of humour, able to galvanize after lunch! Fantastic facilitator, approachable and honest
Teacher from St Luke’s Primary School, Bournemouth attended Philosophy for Children Course April 2016