What’s new at DEED….
DEED is now closed for the summer break. We will reopen on Wednesday 3rd September 2014 at 9.30am. Emails will be checked through the holidays if you need to contact us urgently email@example.com
- Global Teacher Award training which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available in the autumn term on Tuesday 14 October 2014 or spring term on Tuesday 10 March 2015.
- There is a Connecting Classrooms Workshop being held at DEED on Monday 20 October 2014.
- The very popular Philosophy for Children (P4C) two day course which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available in both the autumn and spring terms with a choice of venue area to suit your needs.
- We are hosting a free Taster Workshop on Holocaust and Human Behaviour at DEED on Wednesday 12 November from 4pm to 6pm. Suitable for teachers of Key Stage 3 & 4 and 16+.
- Curriculum Planning Inset which is approved by the Global Learning Programme is available at a time to suit your school.
- Exciting news! The GLP has now entered the second phase of the programme and has in total 2245 schools registered and engaged across England to date. DEED’s Louise and Sarah are Local Advisors for Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire and have 14 Expert Centres in total so far working hard to deliver great global learning with their partner schools. We are seeking more schools to become involved either as Expert Centres or Partner Schools, if you are interested please visit the GLP website www.globaldimension.org.uk/glp or contact firstname.lastname@example.org visit the DEED GLP web page.
- Global Resources for the New Curriculum to suit all budgets with links to the Americas, Brazil, Carnival, Black History in Dorset to support your D-Day Landing Anniversary celebrations.
- Our Summer 2014 Newsletter is ready to view. Featuring new curriculum linked Global Education resources that can also enhance your Global Weeks or Arts Weeks, GLP updates and news on where DEED has been during the spring term.
- The full ‘GI Joe in Dorset’ production is available to view on YouTube now. This Theatre in Education production links to our We Were Here Exhibition. If you are interested in this performance then contact stateofplayarts.co.uk directly.
‘DEED has made a real difference to the personal development of our children. The work of the organisation was picked up by the OFSTED team in our inspection and helped secure our Grade 1 in this aspect!’ – St Gregory’s CE VA Primary School, Dorset