DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity.
In the past year (1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015) DEED trained 306 Headteachers, Governors and Teachers and ran workshops with 580 pupils
Really good session, covered a lot in a short time. Gave plenty to reflect on ethos/policy/display. Thank you for a great session and the refreshments!
Exploring British Values participant April 2016
What’s new …
CPD Courses and Conferences and Exhibitions:
- Chris Lubbe – Inspirational Speaker and Life Coach sharing his life journey and twilight inset on 11 July 2016
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) 2-Day Courses available on 13 October & 3 November 2016, 2 February & 9 February 2017, 27 April & 4 May 2017. Interesting TES article on P4C and how it works.
- Exploring British Values Inset is available on 18 October 2016 and 24 January 2017
- Quality or Quantity? Measuring teachers’ impact on pupil attitudes and actions towards Global Citizenship. FREE training offered to schools
- Primary Curriculum Planning Inset available in school at a time to suit
Resources, Articles and useful links:
- Interesting TES article on P4C, how it works and how a teacher had an innovative approach to solving low levels of engagement in the classroom.
- Surya Arts: Rights Respecting and Fairtrade theatre-in-education for primary and secondary schools is available in June and July, also Jazz and Jagdeep Like Dancing especially for Reception and KS1.
- Schools delighted with new World of East Dorset exhibition and book
- Report by Lord Jim Knight on how Creative teaching is beating the tyranny of marking at Southill Primary School in Weymouth with the help of DEED and the GLP
- Ofsted recognises Global Learning in its latest Inspection
- DEED and the Global Learning Programme (GLP). FREE Courses available to GLP registered schools
knowledgeable, good sense of humour, able to galvanize after lunch! Fantastic facilitator, approachable and honest
Teacher from St Luke’s Primary School, Bournemouth attended Philosophy for Children Course April 2016