DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity.
In the past year (1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016) DEED staff trained 777 teachers, worked in 226 schools and worked with 2,277 pupils across Dorset and Hampshire
Really good session, covered a lot in a short time. Gave plenty to reflect on ethos/policy/display. Thank you for a great session and the refreshments!
Exploring British Values participant April 2016
What’s new …
CPD Courses and Conferences and Exhibitions:
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) Courses available on 10 February & 14 and 28 March 2017, 27 April & 4 May 2017
- Exploring British Values Inset is available on 6 June 2017 or 17 October 2017
- How do we know it’s working? Measuring teachers’ impact on pupil attitudes and actions towards Global Citizenship
- Whole School Global Learning in school half or whole day training
- Introduction to Global Learning in school twilight inset
- Primary Curriculum Planning inset available in school at a time to suit
- Rights respecting education CPD available in Hampshire
Resources, Articles and useful links:
- Surya Arts the educational Indian arts group are back in Dorset with two Programmes! Their highly successful long touring Surya’s Story (Primary &Secondary) and a new piece for Reception and Key Stage One Jazz and Jagdeep Like Dancing. Not only do Surya Arts raise awareness of the importance of The Rights of The Child and Fairtrade but they bring joy and positive energy into every setting they perform and work in.
- Final opportunity for your school to get £3,375+ of funding
- Interesting TES article on P4C, how it works and how a teacher had an innovative approach to solving low levels of engagement in the classroom
- Report by Lord Jim Knight on how Creative teaching is beating the tyranny of marking at Southill Primary School in Weymouth with the help of DEED and the GLP
- DEED and the Global Learning Programme (GLP). FREE Courses available to GLP registered schools
knowledgeable, good sense of humour, able to galvanize after lunch! Fantastic facilitator, approachable and honest
Teacher from St Luke’s Primary School, Bournemouth attended Philosophy for Children Course April 2016