DEED is a centre for global education and learning.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity
In the past year (1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014) DEED trained 257 Headteachers, Governors and Teachers and ran workshops with 1,421 pupils
It will help to develop the pupils’ speaking and listening skills, questioning skills and critical thinking
Merley First School attended Philosophy for Children Course
What’s new ….
The Chinese resources provided a wonderful taste of China. They loved it, especially the dressing up, pots and pans etc
Archbishop Wake Primary School borrowed Chinese Home Corner
Brilliant to ‘practise’ – to experience P4C first hand rather than just be told
St Michael’s Primary School Lyme Regis attended Philosophy for Children Course
- New dates for Philosophy for Children Courses 1 and 8 July 2015 , 4 and 11 November 2015
- Global Teacher Award 3 June 2015
- New GLP election resource for the classroom
- New Send My Friend to School 2015 resources
- New ActionAid resources looking at food and hunger
- Curriculum Planning Inset
- DEED and the Global Learning Programme (GLP). FREE Courses available to GLP registered schools.
- Surya’s Story A Theatre in Education piece that looks at the Rights of the Child and Fair Trade. Summer Term tour dates now available see flyer for details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The course was fantastic! The trainers delivered it in a very professional manner and promoted deep discussion. Their knowledge about what they were teaching was extensive. I find it hard to think of any ways in which the course could be improved Teacher on a Global Teacher Award Course