What’s new at DEED….
- DEED is closed for the Easter holidays. We will reopen on Tuesday 22 April 2014.
- Our Summer 2014 Newsletter is ready to view. Featuring new curriculum linked Global Education resources that can also enhance your Global Weeks or Arts Weeks, GLP updates and news on where DEED has been during the spring term.
- We ran two very successful Fairtade Children’s Workshops looking at Fashion and Food at Highcliffe St Mark’s Primary School during Fairtrade Fortnight. Here is a thought provoking quote from one of the children who took part “I was shocked to find out how my beautiful clothes were made, if they weren’t fair trade. They don’t look so beautiful now!” Molly age 11
- The full ‘GI Joe in Dorset’ production is available to view on YouTube now. This Theatre in Education production links to our We Were Here Exhibition. If you are interested in this performance then contact stateofplayarts.co.uk directly.
- We have a range of CPD courses available in the Summer Term 2014 to inspire and enrich your plans for the new curriculum.
- DEED is delighted to announce that 4 schools in the county of Dorset have been chosen to become Expert Centres for the new Global Learning Programme (GLP) for England. The GLP is a programme of support for schools that can help enhance teaching and learning about global issues at Key Stages 2 and 3. Beechcroft St Paul’s Primary and St Andrew’s Primary in Weymouth, St Mary’s Primary, Bridport, and St Luke’s Primary, Bournemouth, are among the 74 Expert Centres across England and each school is looking to recruit Partner Schools to be part of the Programme. If you want free CPD, curriculum support, plus £500 worth of e-credits and the opportunity to be involved then visit the GLP website http://globaldimension.org.uk/glp to register your school or contact Louise or Sarah at DEED for more information. For further information visit the DEED GLP web page.
- Here are details of a Global Learning in Schools conference taking place at the Institute of Education on 12 May 2014.
‘DEED has made a real difference to the personal development of our children. The work of the organisation was picked up by the OFSTED team in our inspection and helped secure our Grade 1 in this aspect!’ – St Gregory’s CE VA Primary School, Dorset