DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity.
In the past year (1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016) DEED staff trained 777 teachers, worked in 226 schools and worked with 2,277 pupils across Dorset and Hampshire
Really good session, covered a lot in a short time. Gave plenty to reflect on ethos/policy/display. Thank you for a great session and the refreshments!
Exploring British Values participant April 2016
What’s new …
CPD Courses and Conferences and Exhibitions:
- DEED’s most popular CPD courses and in-school training options for you to book throughout 2017. These courses are available to all schools and GLP registered schools can use their e-credits before they expire.
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) Courses available on 27 April & 4 May 2017, 20 & 29 June 2017, 2 & 16 November 2017
- Exploring British Values Inset is available on 6 June 2017, 17 October 2017 or 23 January 2018
- How do we know it’s working? Measuring teachers’ impact on pupil attitudes and actions towards Global Citizenship
- Whole School Global Learning in school half or whole day training
- Introduction to Global Learning in school twilight inset
- Primary Curriculum Planning inset available in school at a time to suit
- Rights respecting education CPD available in Hampshire
Resources, Articles and useful links:
- This is your last chance to register your school with the Global Learning Programme (GLP) and access £500 of CPD funding.
- Surya Arts the educational Indian arts group are back in Dorset with two Programmes! Their highly successful long touring Surya’s Story (Primary &Secondary) and a new piece for Reception and Key Stage One Jazz and Jagdeep Like Dancing. Not only do Surya Arts raise awareness of the importance of The Rights of The Child and Fairtrade but they bring joy and positive energy into every setting they perform and work in.
- Interesting TES article on P4C, how it works and how a teacher had an innovative approach to solving low levels of engagement in the classroom.
- Report by Lord Jim Knight on how Creative teaching is beating the tyranny of marking at Southill Primary School in Weymouth with the help of DEED and the GLP.
knowledgeable, good sense of humour, able to galvanize after lunch! Fantastic facilitator, approachable and honest
Teacher from St Luke’s Primary School, Bournemouth attended Philosophy for Children Course April 2016