DEED is a centre for global education and learning.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity
In the past year (1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014) DEED trained 257 Headteachers, Governors and Teachers and ran workshops with 1,421 pupils
It will help to develop the pupils’ speaking and listening skills, questioning skills and critical thinking
Merley First School attended Philosophy for Children Course
What’s new ….
DEED is now closed for the summer holiday. Please email messages to firstname.lastname@example.org as this will be checked periodically or if you need to speak to someone call 07715 044090.
For those who were not able to join us at our recent conference with Michael Rosen, here is a flavour of what you missed!
It was easily the best training course/conference I’ve ever been on including whilst I was at uni and since teaching! We were made to feel really welcomed and valued plus every event we attended was excellent. It was a real privilege to listen to Michael Rosen too – what an inspiring person! Tony Misun, Damers First School
- Philosophy for Children Course 4 and 11 November 2015. Some interesting recent positive publicity regarding P4C in schools.
- Fantastic film project for learners Close-up on Climate
- New Send My Friend to School 2015 resources
- New ActionAid resources looking at food and hunger
- Curriculum Planning Inset available in school at a time to suit
- DEED and the Global Learning Programme (GLP). FREE Courses available to GLP registered schools
The course was fantastic! The trainers delivered it in a very professional manner and promoted deep discussion. Their knowledge about what they were teaching was extensive. I find it hard to think of any ways in which the course could be improved Teacher on a Global Teacher Award Course