DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity.
In the past year (1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016) DEED staff trained 777 teachers, worked in 226 schools and worked with 2,277 pupils across Dorset and Hampshire
Really good session, covered a lot in a short time. Gave plenty to reflect on ethos/policy/display. Thank you for a great session and the refreshments!
Exploring British Values participant April 2016
What’s new …
CPD Courses and Conferences and Exhibitions:
- DEED’s most popular CPD courses and in-school training options for you to book throughout 2017. These courses are available to all schools and GLP registered schools can use their e-credits before they expire.
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) Level 1 Course available on 2 & 23 November 2017
- Philosophy for Children Advanced Level 2A Course now available 9 & 10 October 2017
- Exploring British Values Inset is available on 17 October 2017 or 23 January 2018
- Whole School Global Learning in school half or whole day training
- Introduction to Global Learning in school twilight inset
- Primary Curriculum Planning inset available in school at a time to suit
- Rights respecting education CPD available in Hampshire
Resources, Articles and useful links:
- A great opportunity to have your say on the future of development education in the UK. The Department for International Development are currently consulting on the design of a new programme for development education from 2018. They are inviting teachers and educators to take part in this survey open until 31 October which will feed into the new programme design
- Positive Stories a unique project that DEED was involved in recently giving the opportunity for Dorset’s Gypsies and Travellers to tell their stories
- Listen to DEED’s Sarah Wise on Forest FM talking about DEED’s work in global education
- The new CEO of Think Global Jess McQuail and Rebecca Sharkey (pictured), Membership and Public Affairs Manager visited DEED to hear all about the exciting global learning projects across Dorset and Hampshire. View Rebecca’s report on the visit
- Interesting Radio 4 programme with Mariella Frostrup on Critical Thinking for children including the importance of P4C
- This is your last chance to register your school with the Global Learning Programme (GLP) and access £500 of CPD funding
- Interesting TES article on P4C, how it works and how a teacher had an innovative approach to solving low levels of engagement in the classroom.
- Report by Lord Jim Knight on how Creative teaching is beating the tyranny of marking at Southill Primary School in Weymouth with the help of DEED and the GLP.
knowledgeable, good sense of humour, able to galvanize after lunch! Fantastic facilitator, approachable and honest
Teacher from St Luke’s Primary School, Bournemouth attended Philosophy for Children Course April 2016