DEED is a centre for global education and learning serving Dorset and Hampshire.
We encourage and inspire teachers and pupils to develop their understanding of global issues and cultural diversity.
In the past year (1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015) DEED trained 306 Headteachers, Governors and Teachers and ran workshops with 580 pupils
Really good session, covered a lot in a short time. Gave plenty to reflect on ethos/policy/display. Thank you for a great session and the refreshments!
Exploring British Values participant April 2016
What’s new …
CPD Courses and Conferences and Exhibitions:
- Schools delighted with new World of East Dorset exhibition and book
- Exploring British Values The next course will be on 7 June 2016
- Philosophy for Children (P4C) 2-Day Courses available on 29 June & 6 July 2016, 13 October & 3 November 2016, 2 February & 9 February 2017, 27 April & 4 May 2017
- Quality or Quantity? Measuring teachers’ impact on pupil attitudes and actions towards Global Citizenship. FREE training offered to schools.
- Curriculum Planning Inset available in school at a time to suit.
- Rights Respecting Education Annual Conference for KS1-4
- Jigsaw and the Global Learning Programme: how to map existing lesson plans and initiatives in school
Resources, Articles and useful links:
- Report by Lord Jim Knight on how Creative teaching is beating the tyranny of marking at Southill Primary School in Weymouth with the help of DEED and the GLP
- Ofsted recognises Global Learning in its latest Inspection.
- DEED has an exciting new Brazil Collection ’Not just carnival and football’.
- DEED and the Global Learning Programme (GLP). FREE Courses available to GLP registered schools.
The questioning skills and listening skills of the children will be improved. My own teaching is hopefully going to be more ‘guide on the side’ and less ‘sage on the stage’
Teacher from Semley Primary School attended Philosophy for Children Course November 2015